Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

a new digestive tract?

i got super sick last thursday throwing up again, but much worse than a month ago. i thought maybe it was what i ate for lunch. hyunjoo took me to the emergency room, as it was too late in the evening to go to a clinic or doctor's office. i decided to let them give me an i.v., do a blood test and take abdominal and chest xrays. the medicine they gave me made me throw up again, but all that was left to come out was bile. they then took me to the back where i fell asleep for at least an hour. they woke me up to take the xrays and i blacked out, collapsing on the floor during the second one. i told them i was dizzy, but they obviously didn't understand what i said. after sleeping for another hour i was able to take the remaining xrays. with hyunjoo translating, all i was told was that my intestines were swollen and i had an infection. they gave me some medicine and told me i could go. total cost 100,000 won. i didn't go to work on friday, just slept all day punctuated with the eating of spinach and rice soup at hyunjoo's.

박현주많이감사함니다

2 comments:

Unknown said...

똥개. don't be sick. EVER!!!

Cotter Pen said...

Among the lasting memories of living in Cairo, Egypt, are the intestinal ones. Pharoah's Revenge. My final month in Cairo, I lived entirely on a diet of canned tuna and Ritz crackers.