Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

deep roots, ohio

i spent feb 2nd-10th at the linscotts' deep roots farm outside of athens, ohio.
 
  
the linscott children had a 'welcome' sign for me in my room upstairs.
  
the snow came.  the fowl stayed in.
 
 
 
  
  
  
  
cale started an igloo.
  
  
the kids played a little in the snow.
  
  
the bulk of the photos with the kids are crazy blurry simply because they are kids.
 
  
  
  
i'm not really sure.
 
  
the goats, daisy and petunia, came out for a bit.
 
 
here's a hard shot to get.
 
 
 
for some reason someone was constantly trying to kill me.
  
  
 
and scream in my ears.
  
  
  
we saw some deer.
 
 
the ducks came out for a bit.
 
show me what you drew on your foot...no, the other one.
 
melanie and the kids playing calmly.
 
on the way to the bus station.
i think i said that i wouldn't put these where the world could see, but there's too much gold not to.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Hey! I'm an old friend of the Linscotts! I can't believe how big the kids all are. Madeline is SO grown up but Olivia looks just the same. Please tell them their friend Rebecca Fritschle said hello. :)

Looks like you had a great time on their lovely farm.

Joshua Thompson said...

becca,
i'll certainly pass the greeting on to them for you. i'm curious how you found my post/blog?

Becca said...

I typed in Melanie and Cale's names in the google search bar. I've been trying to find them for a while w/no results. Your blog came up on the first page. I'm glad I was able to find them but I suppose they may want the children protected? Anyway, thank YOU so much for passing along my message. It's good to see they are doing so well. :)