Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

kidzania and the lotte world folk museum

my first day back at school after the workshop, the entire school went to jamsil in seoul to this place called kidzania.  it's like a small city where the kids can work at businesses and earn money so they can buy things or whatever.  seemed like most of the kids really enjoyed it.  i'm pretty sure this one was all korean, but i've heard there are similar english ones.

after lunch mr. song, one of the fifth grade teachers, asked if i wanted to go outside and walk in the park.  i agreed, but we never made it to the park, instead we ended up at the lotte world folk museum just around the corner.  i think that was his plan the entire time.

there were all of these scale models that were really awesome.

this one here is a model of a palace that's now located in north korea.  too bad, because it looks like something rad to see.

after returning to kidzania and getting back on the road, my co-teacher asked where i had disappeared to, i told him and he said that my job was to be at there the whole time.  i understand that and my intention was to stay, but the kids didn't give a shit about me the entire time i was there.  occasionally, a few would run by and scream hello or ask me for money, but nothing else.  mr. song made it a much nicer day for me.

No comments: